Thursday, April 8, 2010

Haunted Hotels

I have been thinking back upon my travels doing my mystery show across the country and all of the great inns and hotels I have stayed in over the years.  Many people have asked me if I believe in ghosts.  After staying at the Glen Tavern Inn in Santa Paula I can say...Absolutely.  The legends abound about this hotel.  It is said that it was a popular hang out in the early 20th Century for Harry Houdini, Charlie Chaplin and other stars.  There is a story about a murder that took place in room 306 back when the hotel was first built.  I did not stay in that room but stayed down the hall.  A Window open and shut all by itself in my room.  That was the only "physical" event I witnessed there that made me believe it is haunted but there was also a presence, a feeling, a gut intuition that I wasn't alone in my room.  That was what left me in a cold sweat.   We are tentatively  scheduled for a Halloween overnight murder mystery in 2010 there so I'll keep you posted.

I played the Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA a few times over the years and it is said to be very haunted.  Certainly the ship is loaded with nostalga and history and those decks are creaky when you walk along.   No evidence but I would have to go back when Micah Cover is doing his Haunted House Calls show there to be sure.

Many years ago, I played Hotel Colorado.  That was the scariest and most haunted experience I can remember.  I woke up with a start in around 4 AM. (Isn''t that when the sucubus comes?  Or Incubus? Or whatever it is called?) I was lying in bed and was suddenly overcome with fear.  I felt someone sit on the bed.  Down by my feet and I looked.  The bed recessed as if someone was sitting on it.  There was actually an indent in the mattress where the apparition (Is that what to call it?) was sitting.  I was petrified.  It sat there for a moment and then got up and the indent in the mattress disappeared.  Whatever it was, it left...and I was left cold.

So I believe that there are many haunted hotels.  Here is more on our ongoing investigation into the paranormal:  Detectivesharp.com

No comments: